In the spirit of getting out of the funk I’ve been enjoying for the last month, I’ve resolved to set seven specific, attainable goals each week. While I hope to post them each Friday, my promises are limited given my relative disregard for actually putting work into this creation. Laugh if you want, but these are the bite-sized bits that I need to get back on track.
1. 20 minute work out each morning. This can be with the Wii, Kinect (yes, we have both. Yes, we DO live in a tiny apartment. No, we DON”T have enough room for the Kinect, but we move the couch to make room when I need some time with my Kinectimal Panda,) time in the pool (learning to swim, slowly, slowly,) or other intentional exercise. Simply running around the Shoebox like a madwoman, cleaning/straightening/not sitting, doesn’t count.
2. Shower every day. The fact that I admit this a goal is gross, I know, but I’m nothing if not an open book.
3. Complete the rag quilt for my soon-to-be-born nephew. I haven’t done anything yet, other than purchase the flannel, so this will be a project that takes at least a few hours.
4. Deep clean our kitchen (including the fridge and stove,) shower room, toilet room (they’re separate- unusual, but oddly perfect depending on the situation.) There’s a really weird smell when you first walk into our apartment, and we can’t figure out what it is. I’m hoping a good dose of disinfectant and vinegar helps. Frankly, it smells like grilled sausages, so I’m not sure what the culprit is.
5. Make dinner at home every night that we don’t have plans with my sister-in-law and her girlfriend. Too much takeaway is killing our budget, and certainly isn’t doing much for our health.
6. Eat a raw veggie, instead of something sweet, for snack time. Ok, I don’t have a literal “snack time,” but you get what I mean.
7. Keep the laundry under control. I hate running out of underwear.
What do you hope to accomplish in the next seven days?